Barley Beta Glucan
Product Name: Barley Beta Glucan
Latin Name: Hordeurn vulgare L
Appearance : Brown yellow powder
Part Used : Whole
Test Method : TLC
Shelf life: 2 Years
Storage: Cool dry place
Advantage: 100% water soluble;
Certificate: KOSHER, HALAL, ISO,ORGANIC CERTIFICATE;
What is barley beta glucan?A lesser amount is found in wheat, rye, and sorghum. Among these sources, barley beta glucan typically has the highest beta-glucan content and oats the second highest. One and a half cups of cooked oatmeal or three packets of instant oatmeal provide 3 g of beta-glucans; 1 cup of cooked pearl barley contains approximately 2.5 g of beta-glucans.
High purity β-Glucan (Barley; Low Viscosity) for use in research, biochemical enzyme assays and in vitro diagnostic analysis.Low viscosity β-Glucan from barley flour.Basic Information:
Product name:Barley Malt ExtractLatin Name:Hordeum vulgare L.CAS:539-15-1Molecular formula:C10H15NOActive ingredients:HordeninePart used:Barley maltAssay:98%,99%Test method:HPLC
COAANALYSISSPECIFICATIONRESULTSAppearanceBrown yellow powderCompliesOdorCharacteristicCompliesRatio(TLC)10:1CompliesSieve analysis100% pass 80 meshCompliesLoss on DryingResidue on Ignition≤5.0%≤5.0%3.9%4.2%Heavy Metal<20ppmCompliesResidual Solvents<0.5%CompliesResidual PesticideNegativeCompliesTotal Plate Count<1000cfu/gCompliesYeast & Mold<100cfu/gCompliesE.ColiNegativeCompliesSalmonellaNegativeCompliesBarley Beta Glucan Benefit and Uses:Barley beta glucan (β-glucan) is a soluble fiber readily available from oat and barley grains that has been gaining interest due to its multiple functional and bioactive properties. Its beneficial role in insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, hypertension, and obesity is being continuously documented.1. May promote heart health.Kristin Gillespie, M.S., R.D., L.D., CNSC, explains that improved heart health is likely the most well-known benefit of beta-glucans. “Studies have identified improvements in total and LDL cholesterol levels with beta-glucan intake; these lipids are among the top risk factors for heart disease,” she says. “The FDA has actually designated a heart-health claim for foods that are rich in beta-glucan based on this evidence.”
That FDA heart-health designation is specific to a food-based dose of beta-glucans (i.e., 3 grams or more) from whole oats or barley, in the context of a diet low in saturated fats and cholesterol. And as these meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials demonstrate, the science backs beta-glucans’ (from oats and barley) ability to improve key heart-healthy lipids.
2. Can support immunity.Linda Quinn, M.D., FAARM, calls beta-glucans “one of the most powerful immune-supporting phytochemicals.” The research indicates that these bioactive polysaccharides can positively affect your immune system in a few unique ways.
In a comprehensive 2020 review published in Molecular Nutrition and Food Research, researchers examined the immune-support role of a specific type of beta-glucans (beta-1,3/1,6-glucans) from baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) in preclinical and human studies to date.
The science demonstrates that beta-glucans have antioxidant properties and are potent immunomodulators: They help train and strengthen the innate defense functions of key immune cells like neutrophils and macrophages. These essential white blood cells help protect you from immunologic threats and infection.
Beta-glucans also help balance inflammation, a critical component of your body’s immune response. Finally, yeast-derived beta-glucans have been shown to have a protective and symptom-reducing impact on upper-respiratory-tract infections (URTI), such as colds and the flu.
3. Support gut health.Because certain high beta glucan barley (e.g., from oats and barley) are soluble fibers, they absorb water throughout the intestinal tract and bulk up stools, helping to promote regularity by improving constipation and diarrhea. Beta-glucans also act as prebiotics, feeding the good bacteria in your gut and helping balance your gut microbiome.
In combination with inositol and digestive enzymes, beta-glucan has been shown to help improve gas, bloating, and abdominal pain in people with IBS and IBD.
4. Promote glycemic control.Like other soluble fibers, beta-glucans can have positive effects on a key metabolic health parameter: your blood sugar. Collective data from randomized controlled clinical trials in those with diabetes demonstrates the ability of beta-glucans to improve blood glucose levels and glycemic control as measured by HbA1c. (It’s important to note that these studies were using a hefty dose of 2 to 6 grams of beta-glucans over many weeks.)
5. Can support longevity.While most of the studies on barley beta glucan and aging or life span have been conducted in animal models, longevity is another potential benefit worth mentioning. Again, the evidence is in its early, exploratory stages, but in one study published in Rejuvenation Research in 2020, researchers found that beta-glucans exerted anti-aging effects on fish by promoting antioxidant activity, reducing oxidative stress, and helping fight off infection.
Of course, with the important role of beta-glucans in metabolic health and immunity in humans, one could extrapolate that these important plant bioactives may contribute to healthy aging in us, too! More research will help to fully inform this hypothesis.
6. As topical treatments for skin.While many of the benefits of beta-glucans come from consuming them, there may be some benefit to putting it on your skin, too. In addition to its ability to permeate skin, potential mechanisms that make beta-glucans an excellent cosmetic candidate include its antioxidant, anti-wrinkle, and moisturizing properties.
There’s a relatively small amount of research on high beta glucan barley as a topical treatment. But some laboratory studies have shown that, when applied to both acute and chronic wounds, this plant fiber accelerated the healing process by controlling inflammation, contributing to the growth of new skin, and fighting off bacteria and other viruses that can cause infection.NON-ALCOHOL CONTAINS ONLY NATURAL INGREDIENTSWe use classic conventional extraction methods and follow precise standards where each Herb/Superfood is extracted according to its distinct characteristics.* ALCOHOL FREE* GLUTEN FREE* NO PESTICIDES* NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS* NO PRESERVATIVES
We enjoys long term relationships with our clients because we focus on customer service and providing great products. If you are interested in our products, we are flexible with the customization of orders to suit your specific need and our quick lead time on orders guarantees you’ll have great tasting our products on-time.We also focus on value-added services. We are available for service questions and information to support your business.
We specialize in high beta glucan barley for several years, we supply products with competitive price, and our product is of the highest quality and undergoes strict, independent testing to ensure that it is safe for consumption around the world.
Where to buy Barley Beta Glucan?Just send email to email@example.com, or submit your requirement in bottom form, we are of service at any time!
Hot Tags: barley beta glucan,high beta glucan barley,barley beta glucan content,suppliers, manufacturers, factory, wholesale, buy, price, quotation, bulk,for sale