Passion Fruit Extract
English name:Passion Fruit Extract
Latin Name:Passiflora incarnata L.
Part Used:Passion Fruit, Passion Flower
Testing Method: UV, TLC
Appearance: Yellow Brown Fine powder
Specification : 4:1. 10:1, 20:1, Juice Powder, Fruit Powder, Concentrate Juice Powder
Shelf Life: two years
Stock in LA USA warehouse;
What is Passion Fruit Extract?Passion fruit extract is an exotic tropical fruit that grows on the vine of several members of the Passiflora genus that is native to Paraguay, Brazil and Northern Argentina. It got its name from priests in the 1800s who thought part of the flower symbolized the suffering and death of Jesus Christ. Passion fruit is also referred to as maracuja in Portuguese, liliko in Hawaiian and maracuya in Spanish. Currently, it is being cultivated in geographical areas over the world where the climate is warm and frost-free, including Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, Southern Asia, South America, the Caribbean and Africa.
Passion fruit extract has a small outer rind that looks small and egg-shaped. On the inside, it is filled with numerous crunchy seeds in juicy yellow pulp. It has a tart, almost sour flavor and a distinct smell often recreated in bath products and candles. The riper the fruit is, the less tart and less sweet it becomes. The edible part of the passion fruit seed extract is only the pulp and seeds. Just a few spoonfuls of its juicy, pulpy interior contains a lot of health benefits. In fact, its seed, which is surrounded by a casing of sweet flesh, contains piceatannol, a powerful antioxidant
we’re passionate about great flavor and we’re even more so about our Organic Passion Fruit Flavor Extract. Perfect to add a tropical taste to any recipe, passion fruit is fruity, tart, and has a characteristically wonderful fragrant perfume about it. Great for use in frozen desserts, beverages, and more.Basic Information:
ITEMSSTANDARDProduct typePassion Fruit ExtractAppearanceBrown to brown yellow powder(Relate to Purity)OderCharacteristicTasteCharacteristicPaiticle sizePass 80 meshLoss on drying≤5%Heavy metals<10ppmAs<1ppmPb<3ppmFlavonoids≥20%Total Plate Count<10000cfu/g or <1000cfu/g(Irradiation)Yeast & Mold<300cfu/g or 100cfu/g(Irradiation)E.ColiNegativeSalmonellaNegativePassion Fruit Extract Benefits1. May Aid Diabetes TreatmentThe low glycemic index (GI) and the high fiber content of the fruit can make it beneficial for people with diabetes. The passion fruit seed extract is also rich in pectin, a type of fiber that keeps you full without increasing your calorie intake (1), (2). Its high fiber content ensures the fruit’s sugar is slowly absorbed into the bloodstream. This prevents sugar crashes and cravings.Studies show that passion fruit may be used as a dietary supplement for diabetes treatment due to its hypoglycemic potential. The fruit can also lower serum cholesterol levels and improve the functioning of insulin (decreases insulin resistance).
2. May Regulate Blood Pressure And Protect The HeartPassion fruit extract is also rich in potassium, an important mineral that regulates blood pressure levels. Potassium relaxes blood vessels and enhances blood flow. This reduces heart strain and improves overall heart health.A rat study states that the extract of the passion fruit peel may be used as a remedy for hypertension. However, more research is needed to understand the effect of the peel extract on blood pressure control in humans. The piceatannol in passion fruit may help lower blood pressure levels.
3. May Help Reduce Cancer RiskPassion fruit is replete with antioxidants that fight cancer-causing free radicals. It also contains vitamin A, flavonoids, and other phenolic compounds. These may help in cancer prevention. The passion flower (flower of the plant that bears passion fruit) contains chrysin, a compound that has shown anticancer activities. Piceatannol, another important compound in the fruit, was found to kill colorectal cancer cells.The fruit also contains vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can fight free radicals and may reduce cancer risk.
4. May Boost ImmunityPassion fruit extract contains vitamin C, carotene, and cryptoxanthin – these nutrients help boost the immune system. Vitamin C also stimulates white blood cell activity. This results in a stronger immune system and protection from common ailments.
5. May Enhance Digestive HealthPassion fruit is an ideal addition to a digestive-friendly diet as it is a great source of fiber. The fruit contains soluble fiber, both in its pulp and the rind. Dietary fiber acts as a laxative and improves bowel movement. The fiber also helps prevent constipation and reduces total cholesterol levels by excreting it through feces.
6. May Improve Skin ComplexionThe fruit is a great source of vitamin A, a nutrient that is particularly beneficial for the skin. The other antioxidants in the fruit, like vitamin C, riboflavin, and carotene, also boost skin health and complexion and delay the signs of premature aging. Passion fruit is rich in piceatannol that may have an anti-aging effect. However, concrete research in this area is limited. More studies on humans are needed.
7. May Improve Cognitive Health And Reduce AnxietyThe potassium and folate in passion fruit play a role here. While potassium enhances blood flow and cognition, the folate helps prevent Alzheimer’s and cognitive decline.Some sources state that passion flower may help reduce anxiety. The fruit contains antioxidants that fights inflammation. It may also have some relieving effect on anxiety.
8. May Strengthen BonesPassion fruit extract is rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, iron, and phosphorus. Hence, including the fruit in your diet is a good way to complement the effects of other bone-strengthening foods. These minerals, when taken along with other rich sources (like green veggies and milk), maintain bone density and may prevent osteoporosis. Studies have shown that the passion fruit peel extract also has anti-inflammatory properties. These may help relieve osteoarthritis symptoms.
9. May Help Treat Respiratory Ailmentshe novel mixture of bioflavonoids in passion fruit can have positive effects on the respiratory system. Studies show that the fruit extracts can help ease asthma, wheezing, and cough. More information is needed to understand the therapeutic effects the fruit can have on respiratory conditions.
10. May Aid SleepThe passion fruit seed extract contains harman, which may have sedative properties. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the fruit may help treat insomnia and restlessness. However, research is limited, and more information is needed.
11. May Improve Blood CirculationScirpusin B, a compound in passion fruit seeds, acts as a vasorelaxing substance. It relaxes the blood vessels, and this may promote blood circulation.Also, the potassium in passion fruit may have vasodilation properties. The iron and copper in the fruit may further promote circulation as they are essential components involved in the production of red blood cells. However, this needs more research.
12. May Be Beneficial During PregnancyThe folate in passion fruit helps in the growth and development of the fetus and prevents neural tube defects in infants. Folate is crucial before and during pregnancy, and during breastfeeding, its need further increases. As already seen, the fruit may also boost immunity and bone health during this period.
13. May Aid Weight LossThe fiber in the passion fruit seed extract may keep you fuller for longer periods. However, there is no direct research stating that passion fruit can aid weight loss. You can include it as a part of your weight loss diet. Passion fruit is replete with essential nutrients and other antioxidants. In the following section, we will explore its detailed nutrition profile.
Passion Fruit Extract uses:1. Can reduce the blood sugar & blood sugar level.2. Can antianxiety ,treating insomnia, Anti spastic.3. Can used as a sedative and hypnotic drugs4. Can treat nervous tension, insomnia, hysteria, diarrhea, dysentery, neuralgia.The Best Passion Fruit Extract SupplierUndersun enjoys long term relationships with our clients because we focus on customer service and providing great products. If you are interested in our products, we are flexible with the customization of orders to suit your specific need and our quick lead time on orders guarantees you’ll have great tasting our products on-time.We also focus on value-added services. We are available for service questions and information to support your business.
Why Choose Our Passion Fruit Extract? We specialize in purple passion fruit extract for several years, we supply products with competitive price, and our product is of the highest quality and undergoes strict, independent testing to ensure that it is safe for consumption around the world.
Hot Tags: passion fruit extract,passion fruit seed extract,purple passion fruit extract,suppliers, manufacturers, factory, wholesale, buy, price, quotation, bulk, for sale