Pure Saffron Extract
Product Name:Pure Saffron Extract
Latin Name: Crocus Sativus L.
Product Specification : 4:1,10:1,20:1
Active Constituents: Crocin and Safranal
Part of the Plant Used: Flower
Extract Method: Grain Alcohol/Water
Packing: 25kgs/drum(carton), 1kg/bag, double vacuum plastic packing (vacuum sealed foil bags) inside.
Shelf life:2 years when properly stored
Stock in LA USA warehouse;
We are mainly supplying powder form raw materials for businesses that manufacture supplements, food, drinks,cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and so on. All products are ISO9001 and FDA certified. Free samples are available
What is Pure Saffron Extract?Saffron is a plant. The dried stigmas (thread-like parts of the flower) are used to make saffron spice. It can take 75,000 saffron blossoms to produce a single pound of saffron spice. Saffron is largely cultivated and harvested by hand. Due to the amount of labor involved in harvesting, saffron is considered one of the world’s most expensive spices. The stigmas are also used to make medicine.
Pure saffron extract is used for asthma, cough, whooping cough (pertussis), and to loosen phlegm (as an expectorant). It is also used for sleep problems (insomnia), cancer, “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), intestinal gas (flatulence), depression, Alzheimer’s disease, fright, shock, spitting up blood (hemoptysis), pain, heartburn, and dry skin.
Women use saffron for menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Men use it to prevent early orgasm (premature ejaculation) and infertility. Saffron is also used for to increase interest in sex (as an aphrodisiac) and to induce sweating.Basic Information:
Product NameSaffron extractLatin NameCrocus sativus L.Part of usedWhole plantTypeHerbal ExtractSampleFreePackingBag & DrumAppearanceRed PowderBrandWonderful HerbMoisture≤5%Ash≤5%MOQNo moqPlace of OriginXi’an, China (Mainland)Shelf Time2 YearsStorageKeep Dry and Keep away from Sunlight
Certification Of Analysis
ItemSpecificationTest MethodPhysical&Chemicals Control
AppearanceRed Brown powderVisualOdor&TasteCharacteristicOrganolepticExtract Ratio10:1TLCParticle size100% pass 80 mesh80 Mesh ScreenIdentificationPositiveTLCLoss on drying≤5.0%CP2015Residue on Ignition≤5.0%CP2015Bulk Density0.3-0.5g/mlCP2015Tap Density0.5-0.8g/mlCP2015Heavy Metals
Heavy MetalsNMT10ppmAtomic AbsorptionLead(Pb)NMT3ppmAtomic AbsorptionArsenic (As)NMT2ppmAtomic AbsorptionMercury(Hg)NMT0.1ppmAtomic AbsorptionCadmium(Cd)NMT1ppmAtomic AbsorptionMicrobiology Control
Total Plate CountNMT3,000cfu/gCP2015Total Yeast & MoldNMT300cfu/gCP2015E.coliNegativeCP2015SalmonellaNegativeCP2015StaphylococcusNegativeCP2015Pure Saffron Extract Benefits:1.May Reduce Cancer RiskPure saffron extract is rich in two major carotenoids, namely crocin, and crocetin. Preclinical evidence demonstrates that certain carotenoids may have potent antitumor effects.Literature data indicate that saffron could be used as a potential cancer chemopreventive agent. Even though some of the data looks convincing, more well-designed clinical trials in humans are warranted to ascertain the anticancer effects of saffron.
2. May Help Fight Inflammation And Arthritis
An Italian study states that the crocetin in saffron promotes cerebral oxygenation in rats and positively acts in arthritis treatment. This effect could most likely be attributed to its antioxidant activity. However, these results have been obtained only in vitro or on laboratory animals and not yet on humans.
Extracts of petals of the saffron plant were also found to have chronic anti-inflammatory activity. This effect could be attributed to the presence of flavonoids, tannins, alkaloids, and saponins. However, the other chemical constituents of saffron and their mechanisms are yet to be investigated.
3. May Boost Vision HealthIn rat studies, safranal, a constituent of saffron, was found to delay retinal degeneration. The compound could also reduce rod and cone photoreceptor loss. These properties make safranal potentially useful for delaying retinal degeneration in retinal pathologies.
Best saffron extract supplementation was also found to induce a mid-term, significant improvement in the retinal function in the case of age-related macular degeneration. However, more research is warranted with respect to saffron supplementation in clinical practice.
4. May Help In Insomnia TreatmentIn rat studies, the crocin in saffron was found to boost non-rapid eye movement sleep. Crocetin, the other carotenoid in saffron, could also increase the total time of non-REM sleep by as much as 50% (9).
Other clinical trials also indicate that saffron supplementation could help improve symptoms of depression in adults dealing with major depressive disorder. One of the symptoms, as per research, is insomnia. However, further long-term follow-ups are required before firm conclusions can be made in this regard.
5. May Promote Brain HealthThe antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of saffron extracts could imply its therapeutic potential for various issues of the nervous system. The spice interacts with the cholinergic and dopaminergic systems, which may have beneficial effects in the case of Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s. However, more investigations are needed to have a detailed perspective of saffron’s effects on the human nervous system.6. May Promote Digestive HealthMost animal studies show saffron to exhibit antioxidant, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and anti-hyperlipidemic effects in treating gastrointestinal disorders. However, the efficacy of the spice in treating human gastrointestinal issues is yet to be investigated and understood (13).
7. May Heal Burn WoundsOne rat study links the possible wound healing properties of saffron to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity. Saffron could significantly increase re-epithelialization in burn wounds, as compared to cream-treated wounds.The study raises the possibility of the potential efficacy of saffron in accelerating wound healing in burn injuries.
8. May Enhance ImmunityBest naturals saffron extract is rich in carotenoids that seem to impact immunity. A study done on healthy men showed that daily use of saffron (about 100 mg) could have temporary immunomodulatory effects without any adverse reactions.
9. May Offer Relief From Menstrual SymptomsA herbal drug containing saffron was found to offer relief to women with primary dysmenorrhea. The study concluded by stating the need for more clinical trials to determine the efficacy of the herbal drug.
10. May Improve Heart HealthPure saffron extract helps reduce the risk of heart disease by strengthening the circulatory system. The spice is rich in thiamin and riboflavin, and these promote a healthy heart and help prevent various cardiac issues.Due to its antioxidant properties, saffron helps maintain healthy arteries and blood vessels. The spice’s anti-inflammatory properties also benefit the heart. The crocetin in the spice indirectly regulates blood cholesterol levels and reduces the severity of atherosclerosis.Saffron may also be useful in treating hypertension, as per a rat study.
11. May Protect The LiverSome research suggests that saffron could be useful for patients dealing with liver metastasis. The carotenoids in saffron may help inhibit the production of reactive oxygen species. But further investigations with a much larger sample size are required to arrive at any conclusion.
12. May Work As An AphrodisiacThe crocin in saffron could improve sexual behavior in male rats. It could increase mounting frequency and erection frequency in the rats. However, the safranal in the spice did not exhibit any aphrodisiac effects.How Does Saffron Help Your Skin?Saffron offers protection to the skin, thanks to its photoprotective and moisturizing effects.
13. May Protect Skin From UV RadiationStudies suggest that saffron could be used as a natural UV-absorbing agent. It contains flavonoid compounds like kaempherol and quercetin, which could be contributing in this regard.
14. May Enhance ComplexionWe do not recommend the use of any ingredient with the sole purpose of whitening one’s skin. But saffron has shown certain complexion promotion effects.Pure Saffron Extract Application:1. Applied in the food field, it has become a new raw material which used in food and beverage industry;2. Applied in the health product field;3. Applied in the pharmaceutical field.
We enjoys long term relationships with our clients because we focus on customer service and providing great products. If you are interested in our products, we are flexible with the customization of orders to suit your specific need and our quick lead time on orders guarantees you’ll have great tasting our products on-time.
We also focus on value-added services. We are available for service questions and information to support your business.
We specialize in best saffron extract for several years, we supply products with competitive price, and our product is of the highest quality and undergoes strict, independent testing to ensure that it is safe for consumption around the world.
Where to buy Pure Saffron Extract?Just send email to email@example.com, or submit your requirement in bottom form, we are of service at any time!
Hot Tags: pure saffron extract,best saffron extract,best naturals saffron extract,suppliers, manufacturers, factory, wholesale, buy, price, quotation,bulk,for sale