What is Salvia Officinalis Leaf Extract?Salvia officinalis leaf extract(sage, also called garden sage, common sage, or culinary sage) is a perennial, evergreen subshrub, with woody stems, grayish leaves, and blue to purplish flowers. It is a member of the mint family Lamiaceae and native to the Mediterranean region, though it has been naturalized in many places throughout the world.In folk medicine, salvia officinalis extract has been used for the treatment of different kinds of disorders including seizure, ulcers, gout, rheumatism, inflammation, dizziness, tremor, paralysis, diarrhea, and hyperglycemia. In recent years, this plant has been a subject of intensive studies to document its traditional use and to find new biological effects.It has a long history of medicinal and culinary use, and in modern times it has been used as an ornamental garden plant. The common name “sage” is also used for a number of related and unrelated species.
Basic Information:Product NameSalvia Officinalis Leaf ExtractLatin NamePerilla Frutescens (L.) Brltt. ,Salvia sclareaPart usedFlower, Stem and LeafActive IngredientCarnosic AcidTest MethodHPLCCAS No.3650-9-7Molecular FormulaC20H28O4Formula Weight332.43Mesh100% through 80 meshMelting Point120~124ºCCOA:
AnalysisSpecificationResultTest methodAppearanceBrown powderCompliesVisualOdorCharacteristicCharacteristicOrganolepticTasteCharacteristicCharacteristicOrganolepticParticle Size100% through 80 meshComplies80 mesh screenLoss on Drying5.00% Max4.28%5g/105℃/2hrsLoss on Ash5.00% Max4.12%2g/525℃/3hrsHeavy metals10ppm MaxCompliesAASArsenic(As)1ppm MaxCompliesAASLead(Pb)1ppm MaxCompliesAASMercury(Hg)Not DetectedCompliesAASCadmium(Cd)1ppm MaxCompliesAASMicrobiology
Total Plate Count1,000cfu/g MaxCompliesAOACYeast & Mold100cfu/g MaxCompliesAOACE. ColiNegativeNegativeAOACSalmonellaNegativeNegativeAOACStaphylococcusNegativeNegativeAOACConclusion : Complies with the standards.
Salvia Officinalis Leaf Extract Benefits:
1. Salvia officinalis leaf extract is packed with antioxidantsThe fuzzy leaves are stacked with antioxidants that boast anti-inflammatory properties and help protect against free radicals. Herbs in the mint family, like salvia officinalis extract and rosemary, include antioxidant powerhouses carnosic and rosmarinic acids. These specific polyphenols may even contain anti-cancer and memory-boosting properties.
2. Sage has antimicrobial propertiesHistorically, people have used salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract internally and topically as a cleansing herb. “Sage is generally seen to be highly aromatic, and therefore rich in antimicrobial compounds,” Corbett says. That’s thanks to its volatile oil content, she says, which early research supports. Research also suggests sage essential oil can be an effective disinfectant against airborne microorganisms, can banish body odor when used as a deodorant, and can treat wounds and skin infections caused by staphylococcus.
3. Sage can boost cognition“I use Salvia officinalis leaf extract sometimes with clients who have a very damp constitution, an herbal term for people who tend to be sluggish and have low cognition,” Corbett says. “Its heating, drying element can also help with improving memory.” From smelling its essential oil and experiencing an improved mood and reduced anxiety, sage can be just what the doctor (herbalist) ordered.
4. Sage can help with digestive complaintsGood news for your gut, says Corbett. Research reveals sage extract might be able to help curb diarrhea, so you can leave the Pepto Bismol in your medicine cabinet this time around.
5. Sage might have added benefits for womenIn traditional medicine, people use salvia officinalis extract as a natural way to quell hot flashes during menopause. For the new mommas, sage can be helpful if you’re trying to wean off breastfeeding or are producing too much milk, although its effectiveness is more anecdotal, so take with a grain of salt (not literally). “Its drying, stringent quality can help to dry up breast milk,” Corbett says.Application:
1.A natural antioxidant, which is be widely used in oil,fat-containing food , biomedicine industry, cosmetic industry etc.as anatural antioxidant.2.Anti-aging effect.3.Strong weight-losing effect.4.Preventing and treating coronary heart disease, climacteric syndrome, diabetes,high blood pressure, anemia, etc.5.Anti-cancer effect and can be used in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
We enjoys long term relationships with our clients because we focus on customer service and providing great products. If you are interested in our products, we are flexible with the customization of orders to suit your specific need and our quick lead time on orders guarantees you’ll have great tasting our products on-time. We also focus on value-added services. We are available for service questions and information to support your business.
We specialize in salvia officinalis extract for several years, we supply products with competitive price, and our product is of the highest quality and undergoes strict, independent testing to ensure that it is safe for consumption around the world.
Where to buy Salvia Officinalis Leaf Extract?Just send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit your requirement in bottom form, we are of service at any time
Hot Tags: salvia officinalis leaf extract,salvia officinalis extract,salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract,suppliers, manufacturers, factory, wholesale, buy, price, quotation,bulk, for sale