What is Sea Moss Powder?Sea moss, also known as Irish moss or red seaweed, is a type of seaweed that grows year round in tidepools and inlets. Sea moss powder is commonly harvested in New England to extract carrageenan, a gelatinous carbohydrate used in baked goods and cosmetics. However, sea moss can also be eaten on its own, and is often used to thicken soups and stews. Let’s take a look at the health benefits of this intertidal seaweed.Irish moss, also called carrageen, is a red seaweed found along the shores of the Atlantic that is used in the food industry as a natural thickening agent and stabilizer, especially in dairy products.Powdered Irish moss is used as a clarifying agent by home beer brewers to induce protein coagulation, or “cold break,” in order to attract and bind solids so they can be more readily filtered from the finished product.
This wildharvested, dried and powdered moss, is used in the food industry to create the common thickening agent called carrageen. Sea moss powder also used as an herbal remedy for coughs, ulcers and indigestion. For the cosmetic industry, you can suspend in this product in liquid to make an all natural gel like product, or light emulsifier.Basic Information:
Product NameSea Moss Powder
Latin Namechondrus crispus
Part Usedwhole body
GradeFood, Pharm, Cosmetics Grade
StorageStore in a well-closed container away from moisture and direct sunlight
Shelf Life24 months if sealed and stored properly
Sterilization MethodHigh-temperature, non-irradiated.
Certification of AnalysisItemSpecificationTest resultPhysical Control
AppearanceWhite PowderConformsOdorCharacteristicConformsTasteCharacteristicConformsPart Usedwhole bodyConformsLoss on Drying≤5.0%ConformsAsh≤5.0%ConformsParticle size95% pass 80 meshConformsAllergensNoneConformsChemical Control
Heavy metalsNMT 10ppmConformsArsenicNMT 2ppmConformsLeadNMT 2ppmConformsCadmiumNMT 2ppmConformsMercuryNMT 2ppmConformsGMO StatusGMO FreeConformsMicrobiological Control
Total Plate Count10,000cfu/g MaxConformsYeast & Mold1,000cfu/g MaxConformsE.ColiNegativeNegativeSalmonellaNegativeNegativeSea Moss Powder Benefits:Health benefits of sea moss and why this seaweed is considered a “powerhouse” food. Undersun listed his five reasons to eat sea moss, so you can fully understand why this nutrient-dense food is beneficial for overall health.1. Sea Moss Contains Iron and Can Help You Have More Energy.
When you’re feeling fatigued or low energy, it may be because your iron levels are low, since iron helps your body create red blood cells to move oxygen from your lungs to your cells. On top of taking a healthy iron supplement, try adding sea moss in a gel form to your smoothies and see if you begin to notice the difference in your energy. If you have ever been diagnosed with mild anemia, sea moss could work to help your body get the iron you need.
2. Sea Moss Contains More Tha 90% of Nutrients Our Bodies Need.The tiny spiral yellow seaweed is extremely nutrient-dense, it’s almost like nature’s multi-vitamin. Otote explains that “sea moss has 92 of the 110 minerals the body is made from,” and he calls it the “powerhouse.” Sea moss powder contains beta-carotene, vitamin B, vitamin C, and sulfur as well as minerals like magnesium, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc. All these contribute to healthy cell functioning in the body.
3. Sea Moss Promotes Healthy Weight Loss.Sea Moss contains high levels of iodine, a mineral found in a limited amount of foods. Our bodies need this mineral in moderation to produce thyroid hormones. “These hormones control the body’s metabolism and many other important functions. The body also needs thyroid hormones for proper bone and brain development during pregnancy and infancy,” according to a study by the National Institute of Health. The key is to get the right amount, however, and not too much.
Sea Moss contains the vital thyroid hormone precurses that are important for healthy thyroid function and your body’s metabolism. So if your thyroid is not functioning properly they can be beneficial and aid in weight loss. But before you use sea moss to boost thyroid hormones or as a weight-loss supplement, check with your doctor because you don’t want to over-do these hormone precursors either. Moderation is the most important thing with thyroid function.
4. Sea Moss Can Help You Build Strong, Lean Muscles.The seaweed is rich in protein with 6 grams of protein per 100 grams of sea moss. Specifically, it contains an amino acid called taurine, which helps the body burn fat and build muscle. “Taurine has the ability to make the body burn fat instead of carbs during cardio,” Otote says.
5. Sea Moss Strengthens the Immune System and Helps to Prevent Sickness.Irish sea moss powder also helps the body fight back against everyday aging and inflammation, in what could be called “the anti’s:” Anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral. It’s used as a treatment to help prevent and relieve cold and flu-like symptoms, in powdered form. “It can be used to prevent colds but also help you heal and recover from sickness,” Otote says. Sea moss contains potassium chloride, which helps the body reduce inflammation and people take it to lower their risk of infections because of its positive impact on the immune system. Otote sums it up as a no-lose additive: “Sea moss when you’re ill is a win, and sea moss when you’re healthy is a win, it’s a win-win.”Application:1.In food industry, carrageenan can be used as gelling agent, thickener, stabilizer, suspending agent and clarifier, and can be used in products such as soft candy, jelly, sausage, canned meat, ice cream, beverage, condiment, milk, bionic food, jam, canned thick soup, beer, bread, pet food and so on;2.In pharmaceutical industry, it can be used as medicine suspending agent and dispersant, and can be used to produce capsule products etc.
3. In daily chemical industry, it can be used in toothpaste, detergent, cosmetics and air freshener;
4. In biochemistry, carrageenan can be used as carrier of microorganism and immobilized cells;
5.In other fields, it can be used as the thickener for waterbased paint, ceramic glaze and water color, and the suspending agent for graphite, sizing material for textile products and paper, and the suspending agent for herbicide and pesticide, graphite deflocculant, deflocculant for textile and so on.
We enjoys long term relationships with our clients because we focus on customer service and providing great products. If you are interested in our products, we are flexible with the customization of orders to suit your specific need and our quick lead time on orders guarantees you’ll have great tasting our products on-time.We also focus on value-added services. We are available for service questions and information to support your business.
We specialize in irish moss powder for several years, we supply products with competitive price, and our product is of the highest quality and undergoes strict, independent testing to ensure that it is safe for consumption around the world.
Where to buy Sea Moss Powder?
Just send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit your requirement in bottom form, we are of service at any time!
Hot Tags: sea moss powder, irish moss powder,irish sea moss powder,suppliers, manufacturers, factory, wholesale, buy, price, quotation,bulk