What is Thymus Vulgaris Extract?According to the potential of Thymus vulgaris (T. vulgaris) extracts to inhibit the test bacteria in planktonic and biofilm form, it can be suggested that Thymus vulgaris (T. vulgaris) extracts can be applied as antimicrobial agents against the pathogenic bacteria particularly in biofilm forms.
Experimentally, the antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-nociceptive, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effects, as well as wound healing activities of the thyme extract and its active constitutes, were demonstrated. The beneficial effects of Thymus vulgaris extract or its derivatives have also been demonstrated in a number of human inflammatory diseases and animal models.
To the best of our knowledge, there is no study concerning the effects of Thymus vulgaris extract or its components on MS or EAE. Thus, this study is aimed, for the first time, to evaluate the effects of Thymus vulgaris extract on the clinical and histopathological symptoms of EAE model. In addition, we evaluated the modulation of several important anti-inflammatory and pro-inflammatory cytokines.Basic Information:
ItemThyme ExtractActive ingredientsThymolSpecification4:1; 8:1; 10:1PartLeafAppearanceBrown PowderTest methodTLCDescriptionThyme Extract (also known as 2-isopropyl-5-methylphenol,IPMP) is a natural monoterpene phenol derivative of cymene, C10H14O, isomericwith carvacrol, found in oil of thyme, and extracted from Thymus vulgaris(common thyme) and various other kinds of plants as a white crystallinesubstance of a pleasant aromatic odor and strong antiseptic properties. Thymolalso provides the distinctive, strong flavor of the culinary herb thyme, alsoproduced from T. vulgaris.Shelf life2 years when properly storedStorageStored in a clean,cool,dry area; keep away from strong, direct light.Thymus Vulgaris Benefits:
1. AcneThere’s some evidenceTrusted Source that thyme oil is effective at reducing acne-causing bacteria on the skin. An animal study that compared thyme oil to oregano oil found that both were able to eliminate bacteria, but that oregano oil was more effective.
2. Alopecia areataThymus Vulgaris Extract mixed with other essential oils and a carrier oil, coupled with massage, may be used as a treatment to prevent hair lossTrusted Source.Currently, there’s little data indicating whether or not thyme oil is effective for this condition, although anecdotal evidence indicates that a combination of essential oils that includes thyme oil may be an effective treatment.
3. Breast cancerOne very preliminary study found that wild thyme extract may eventually show promise at fighting breast cancer.
4. Coughs and respiratory tract infectionsThe thymol content in Thymus Vulgaris Extract is thought to have antispasmodic properties. When mixed with primrose, thyme essential oil has been shown to be effectiveTrusted Source at reducing coughs and reducing the duration of respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold.
5. Food preservativeIn a study reported in the Journal of Medicine and LifeTrusted Source, thyme oil was found to be effective at eliminating food-related bacteria and fungi.Thyme and thymol have been found to have antibacterial effects against bacterium, including salmonella, Staphylococcus aureus, and Helicobacter pylori.
6. Heart diseaseA 2010 laboratory study published in the Journal of Lipid Research found that the carvacrol in thyme oil was an effective anti-inflammatory agent with cardioprotective capabilities, making it potentially beneficial for people with heart disease.
7. Oral healthThymus Vulgaris Extract’s anti-inflammatory effects have been documented in several studies. The thymol in thyme oil is effective at reducing inflammation and infection.According to recent research, thymol’s anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties make it beneficial for oral health. The compound is an ingredient in several dental products, including Listerine Cool Mint mouthwash.Thymus Vulgaris Extract Dosage
Studies are lacking to guide clinical applications. Tinctures and the essential oil are used topically for fungal infections. Thyme infusions have been used as a gargle at 5% concentrations.The pharmacokinetics of thymol in healthy adults have been evaluated. No free thymol was found in the blood or urine, with sulfate and glucuronide metabolites identified in the urine. A mean terminal elimination half-life was estimated to be 10 hours.
Thymus Vulgaris Extract Applications:1.alleviate the common cold, sore throat and phlegm sterilization;2.prevent allergic rhinitis; alleviate fatigue;3.improve neurological diseases, anemia, low blood pressure, shoulder pain and hay fever.
FAQ （ Do Yoy Want To Place An Order With Us Now? ）firstname.lastname@example.org
Q1:Can i get some samples?A:Yes, we can supply the free sample, but the shipping cost be paid by our customers.Q2:How to start orders or make payments?A:Proforma invoice will be sent first after confirmation of order, enclosed our bank information. Payment by T/T, Western Union or Escrow.Q3:What’s your MOQ?A:Our MOQ is 1kg. But usually we accept less quantity such as 100g on the condition that sample charge is 100% paid.Q4:How about delivery leading time?A:Dellvery time: About 3-5 days after payment confirmed.Q5:Is there a discount?A:Different quantity has different discount.Q6:How do you treat quality complaint?A:First of all, our quality control will reduce the quality problem to near zero. If there is a real quality problem caused by us, we will send you free goods for replacement or refund your loss.
Hot Tags: thymus vulgaris extract,Thymus Extract,suppliers, manufacturers, factory, wholesale, buy, price, quotation, bulk, for sale